Halesworth, Suffolk, IP19 8BY
BSc/MSc Computer Science or Electronic Engineering
04 June 2017
KTP Advert Ref:
The University of Essex in partnership with Dicam Technology offers an exciting opportunity to a recent graduate to design and develop embedded systems and peripherals for control and monitoring applications, making best use of available communications and microprocessor technologies and to embed knowledge of communications and associated software technologies. This post is fixed term for 18 months (with potential of extension) and is based at Dicam's offices in Halesworth.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships are a unique UK-wide activity that help businesses to improve their competitiveness and productivity by making better use of the knowledge, technology and skills within universities, colleges and research organisations. Further information is available at: http://ktp.innovateuk.org/
DUTIES OF THE POST
- Research and analyse the latest control system technologies in the marketplace.
- Analyse and understand market requirements.
- Design, develop, build and test an IP networked embedded control system using the selected programming methods.
- Design and implement a client-server architecture which enables remote access via a variety of devices.
- Refinement of the architecture to maximise simplicity, minimise cost and ensure reliability.
- Testing, product launch and knowledge transfer.
As a KTP Associate, the post will offer the following benefits:
- A personal development budget of GBP 4,000 (exclusive of salary).
- Full access to University of Essex resources.
- Management training and mentoring by an Innovate UK KTP Adviser.
- An interesting and challenging role, with exposure to a variety of stakeholders.
- World-leading Academic and Company project supervision, with project support by a dedicated KTP Office.
The post holder must have:
- BSc in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering or similar closely related field.
- Knowledge and experience of C, C++
- Knowledge and experience of embedded systems, microcontrollers and network security.
- Experience of IP-based networking.
Knowledge Base Partner:
Essex, University of
Dicam Technology Limited
Company business area:
Provide advanced microprocessor-based control solutions for a wide range of agricultural control, monitoring and alarm applications.
, Research and Enterprise Office
University of Essex
CO4 3SQ, Tel: 01206 email@example.com