Ely, Cambridge, CB7 4EX
£28,000 to £31,000 p/a
A PhD in one of the following areas: Electronic &
28 May 2017
KTP Advert Ref:
An exciting opportunity for a recent graduate or an experienced postdoc, able to work on software and hardware design, to develop a digital Electromagnetic water-cut and salinity meter, a robust product for industrial use, using accelerated computational and electronic hardware based on modern general purpose graphical processing unit (GPGPU) and/or field programmable gate arrays (FPGA). The Company is committed to the development, embedding and integration of the electromagnetic tomography technology with sufficient sensitivity to accurately capture the composition and dynamics of conductive fluids within their engineered products.
• Proficiency in designing, implementing and debugging digital systems.
• Experience in developing and implementing complex imaging algorithms into parallel platforms such as GPGPU.
• Knowledge of signal processing techniques.
• Knowledge of embedded software.
• Knowledge of scientific programming language skills Matlab or C.
• Proven experience of project management principles and techniques (ideally experience of working with subcontractors).
In addition the Associate is expected to play a major role in coordinating the stakeholders involved in this project, so will be a competent communicator with the ability to form productive relationships with all parties involved.
Knowledge Base Partner:
Bath, University of
Oil & Gas Measurement Limited
Company business area:
Produce component products for the mid-stream business of the oil & gas industry - specifically, for crude oil sampling and metering applications.
, Claverton Down, Tel: 01225384975, Fax: email@example.com