Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 2JY
BSc in Computer Science or a related discipline.
04 June 2017
KTP Advert Ref:
The University of Essex in partnership with Hood Group Ltd offers an exciting opportunity to a graduate with the relevant skills and knowledge to embed machine learning and principles of AI technology within the Hood Group platform to support their data-driven growth strategy. This post is fixed term for 24 months and is based at Hood Group Ltd, Southend-on-Sea.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships are a unique UK-wide activity that help businesses to improve their competitiveness and productivity by making better use of the knowledge, technology and skills within universities, colleges and research organisations. Further information is available at: http://ktp.innovateuk.org/
The University of Essex currently run more KTP programmes than any other university in the East of England or London and is a top ten UK university for managing KTP programmes.
DUTIES OF THE POST
The main duties of the post will include:
- Review of current technology and preparation of a development roadmap.
- Data gathering, refinement and assessment.
- Machine learning algorithms developed, techniques refined and tested.
- Development of real-time web analytics, recommender systems and reinforcement learning.
- Develop a suitable Test Suite.
- Develop neural sampling methods.
- Embedding a new machine learning capability and statistical modelling into a live web platform
- Developing connections/networks/patterns across Hood Group mediums.
- Embedding of knowledge within the company to ensure technology transfer, including development of training guidance and processes.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the University of Essex Head of Department or his/her nominee.
As a KTP Associate, the post will offer the following benefits:
- A personal development budget of GBP 4,000 (exclusive of salary).
- Management training and mentoring by an Innovate UK KTP Adviser.
- An interesting and challenging role, with exposure to a variety of stakeholders.
- Full access to university resources to complete the project.
- World-leading Academic and Company project supervision, with project support by a dedicated, sector leading KTP Office.
The post holder must have:
- BSc in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Good theoretical and applied knowledge in a range of statistical and computational techniques, including regression and classification methods, machine learning and data visualisation.
- Good knowledge and experience of high level programming languages (preferably R, C#, Java or Python).
- Experience of project management to successful conclusion and working within a team, preferably in a commercial environment.
Knowledge Base Partner:
Essex, University of
Hood Group Limited
Company business area:
Insurance services, including home, travel and pet.
, University of Essex, Research and Enterprise Office
Wivenhoe Park, Tel: firstname.lastname@example.org