St Leonards, East Sussex, TN38 9UB
£28,000 - £32,000 p/a + £4k development budget
BEng or BSc Hons Mechanical Engineering
12 June 2017
KTP Advert Ref:
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Engineering graduate (Mechanical, Mechatronic, Design Engineering, Sports Engineering or a related Engineering degree) to embed a scientifically informed design process to streamline and optimise electric trials bike design and implement the formalised design process to bring an innovative adult trials bike to market. This position is a 36 month fixed term contract, with a £2k per annum dedicated training budget tailored towards your personal development.
About the company:
OSET Bikes is the World Leader in the design and manufacture of electric trials and motocross motorcycles. The range of OSET bikes is ever expanding, with ten bikes currently available - catering to riders from 2-18, and beyond! OSETs are proven in competitions, taking multiple National level victories against petrol powered machines.
Find out more by visiting: https://osetbikes.com/gb/
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) programme funded by Innovate UK. It’s essential you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position.
Please visit: www.brighton.ac.uk/ktp
Apply online now:
For further details about the role and to apply online please visit: https://jobs.brighton.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=EG4034-17-168
If you have questions please contact us:
T: 01273 642424
Qualifications we require:
As a minimum, you will have BEng or BSc Hons in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering, Design Engineering, Sports Engineering, or a related Engineering degree, together with a higher degree. Candidates who can demonstrate that experience substitutes for a Masters may be considered.
The successful candidate must possess:
- A strong grounding in theoretical and practical engineering including: electronic systems design; dynamics; structural behaviour; power management and control; and drive train design.
- Knowledge of simulation software computer aided design and ideally finite element analysis.
- Knowledge of instrumentation and data analysis.
- Knowledge of design for manufacture techniques and supply chain integration is also desirable.
Essential skills we require as a minimum:
- A commercial aptitude and the ability to understand the needs of internal and external customers and communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- An ambition and ability to take ownership of a challenging and impactful technical project.
- Have a methodical and considered approach to project planning and management.
- Have the aptitude to apply technologies developed through research to a commercial scenario.
Knowledge Base Partner:
Brighton, University of
OSET Bikes Limited
Company business area:
Manufacture bikes. Founder Ian, unable to find a suitable sized bike on the market for his bike-obsessed toddler, built a mini electric trials bike. Recognising a gap in the market, Ian set up a company to design electric trial bikes, then relocated to the UK in 2009 and built up a team who design electric trials bikes catering for riders between the ages of 2 and 12. Sales are via a distributer network, and representation that spans 25 countries. The world leader in the design and manufacture of electric trials bikes, OSET are proven in competition, taking multiple national level victories against petrol bikes and have been pivotal in the almost complete replacement of petrol bikes with electric bikes in the child and youth market.
, KTP Centre
801 Cockcroft Building
University of Brighton
BN2 4GJ, Tel: 01273 email@example.com