Okehampton, Devon, EX20 1BQ
£27,000 to £31,000 p/a
PhD, or Master's degree
10 September 2017
KTP Advert Ref:
This is an exciting role for an aspiring electronics hardware and embedded device engineer to develop and bring to market a revolutionary waste water Smart Meter that will measure and analyse flow rate and properties of constituent materials flowing in sewage or grey water discharge pipes. This is a three-year Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) between Ashridge Engineering Ltd and the Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering at the University of Bath.The role is full-time and will be based in Ashridge Engineering Ltd premises at Okehampton, a small market town in Devon with limited public transport so own transport may be required. Throughout the project the KTP Associate will play a key role in managing and implementing strategic development in the business and transferring knowledge between the University and the business.
The company - Ashridge Engineering Ltd is a UK SME with 35 years’ experience designing and manufacturing control, protection and measurement equipment for a diverse range of industries, primarily within the water and electrical supply industry sectors. Over this time, the company has become renowned for the highest level of customer service and the provision of quality and reliable products. Heavily investing in Research & Development and working closely with academia has enabled them to lead the way with innovative products, incorporating new technologies and sophisticated algorithms and techniques.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a PhD, or equivalent professional/significant relevant experience where applicable, in one of these areas: Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Physics.
• Experience and proficiency designing, implementing, and debugging digital systems implemented around embedded processors or microcontrollers.
• Practical experience of having adapted complex algorithms into a form suitable for efficient execution on embedded devices.
• Knowledge and experience of signal processing techniques and algorithms, ideally relevant to image or video applications.
• Knowledge of scientific programming language skills (e.g. Matlab or R).
• Ability to use project management principles and techniques to schedule the delivery of a multi-party product design (including working with sub-contractors).
• Be a very strong communicator, and demonstrate the ability to work with both the academic supervisor as well as with industrial colleagues and supervisors.
Knowledge Base Partner:
Bath, University of
Ashridge Engineering Limited
Company business area:
Design and manufacture instrumentation for level, pressure, leakage management and transformer winding temperature control, for a range of industries.
, Claverton Down
BA2 7AY, Tel: email@example.com