Bolton, Greater Manchester, BL2 2HH
£21,000 - £27,000
Degree: primary education/linguistics/eng language
06 April 2018
KTP Advert Ref:
An exciting opportunity has become available to work full time on a 22 month Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) to extend the company's market reach by broadening its range of educational games. These are based on novel, research-informed techniques, and are designed to enhance attainment levels for primary age children.
Quick Controls Limited supplies online resources to Primary Schools in the UK & Ireland.
Since 2015, Quick Controls has worked with MMU’s Faculty of Education under a previous KTP to develop a game based maths resource called “Emile”. Emile has been shortlisted for a Global Education Award.
• £2,000 per year to spend on personal training;
• attendance at two residential managerial workshops (each of one week’s duration);
• opportunities for academic/staff development;
• opportunity of a permanent position with the company; 70% of host companies make a permanent job offer to their Associate at the end of the project;
• exposure & networking opportunities within industry and academia.
The successful candidate will have a good honours degree (1st or 2:1) in primary education, linguistics, English language studies, or a closely cognate subject. Qualified teacher status (gained either from a PGCE or BA in primary education) is desirable.
The following will be required to deliver the project:
• excellent levels of accuracy and precision in Standard English (written);
• experience in a classroom, preferably in a primary school setting;
• experience of developing information technology systems (desirable);
• experience of simple computer games such as Angry Birds, Candy Crush, Tetris.
• ability to work autonomously, as well as engagement within a team;
• a good communicator, with the ability to engage audiences at all levels, articulate and enthusiastic;
• excellent project management skills, capable of working to and meeting deadlines (including managing own personal workload);
• an interest in engaging with academic research.
To apply, please visit https://manmetjobs.mmu.ac.uk/jobs/
For an informal discussion, please contact Dr Steph Ainsworth (email@example.com) or Dr Huw Bell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Knowledge Base Partner:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Quick Controls Limited
Company business area:
Supply various technological solutions into retail, transport and industrial markets. Including the fitness industry with a personal training system, which evolved into the Cyber Coach dance mat and virtual instructor system. This product range supports teachers to incorporate physical activity into the daily routine of their pupils.
, Manchester Metropolitan University
Lower Ormond Street
M15 6BX, Tel: email@example.com