Bolton, Greater Manchester, BL1 4BA
good honours degree in Computer Science
13 April 2018
KTP Advert Ref:
An exciting opportunity has become available to work full time on a 3-year Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) to accelerate growth by creating a smart, scalable manufacturing system enabled by advanced software engineering; enhance the existing IT platform; integrate IoT-enabled devices in a cohesive platform to aid decision-making and create a predictive capability for device and/or process failure.
• £2,000 per year to spend on personal training
• Attendance at two residential managerial workshops (each of one week’s duration)
• Opportunity to register on a higher degree (at a reduced or no cost)
• Opportunties for bonus / salary increase over the period
• Opportunity of a permanent position with the company; 70% of host companies make a permanent job offer to their Associate at the end of the project
Apply online with a CV and covering letter at: https://manmetjobs.mmu.ac.uk/jobs
For an informal discussion, please contact Dr Rupak Kharel (email@example.com)
Qualification we require:
You will have a good honours degree (1st or 2:1) in Computer Science or a related subject (a MSc or equivalent experience is desirable).
Knowledge and/or experience is required in the following:
• A high level of programming and software development experience
The following is desirable:
• experience of Windows based Front-end application development using C#;
• knowledge/experience of MSSQL/MS Access (Current ERP System);
• experience with Python and Machine Learning algorithms such as SVM and k-NN;
• experience working with integration of existing software API's;
• experience with the concepts of Internet of Things (IoT);
• Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail and quality.
• Strong communication and time management skills.
• Must be able to work to deadlines alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Capable of communicating complex concepts in a clear manner to a wide ranging audience.
• Eagerness to learn and develop knowledge in emerging technologies for Industry 4.0.
Knowledge Base Partner:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Velden Engineering (UK) Limited
Company business area:
Provide sub-contract facilities offering total engineering solutions within the UK. Supply precision engineering from prototype to volume production, and offers a varied service to suit any requirements in customer demand.
Susie Connor, Manchester Metropolitan University
Lower Ormond Street
, Tel: 01612472821