Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, NG17 2NL
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Good degree in Computer Science/related discipline
27 August 2018
KTP Advert Ref:
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a graduate with proven design and programming skills to lead a Knowledge Transfer Partnership project at Swiftool Precision Engineering to develop a demand-driven business planning and control system allied to the Theory of Constraints. The project will analyse, design and implement a smart planning and control system to enable rapid, reliable customer response across the supply chain, incorporating both Engineer to Order (ETO) and Make to Order (MTO) environments.
• The opportunity to register for a Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) (registration fees included), depending on entry qualifications and experience.
• Attendance at two residential managerial workshops (each of one week’s duration), including the KTP Associate Diploma in Management, accredited by the Chartered Management Institute
• £4,000 individual training budget
• The opportunity to lead a project, deepen your computing capability and extend your systems knowledge and expertise in developing an innovative approach to business systems design for SMEs.
• Receive training in management systems design and the Theory of Constraints
• The possibility of applying for a permanent position within the company at the end of the project
SPE is a progressive, UK award-winning sub-contract manufacturing business of excellence. Operating from within an environmentally friendly 35,000 sq/ft facility, SPE’s signature service is the supply of high integrity precision machined components, kits, mechanical assemblies and turnkey engineering projects, in the nuclear, marine, petrochemical and aerospace sectors www.swiftool.co.uk
The successful candidate will be employed by Nottingham Trent University but will spend most of their working time at Swiftool Precision Engineering (SPE). Knowledge Transfer Partnership projects are funded by Innovate UK www.ktponline.org.uk
The successful candidate should have a good degree and passion in Computer Science or closely related discipline, with experience in software development in both team and individual. This role also requires the ability to work closely with all levels within the organisation.
Knowledge Base Partner:
Nottingham Trent University
Swiftool Precision Engineering Limited
Company business area:
Supply high integrity precision machined components, kits, mechanical assemblies and turnkey engineering projects to the nuclear, oil and gas, and aerospace sectors.
Dr Roy Stratton
, Newton Building (floor 8)
Nottingham Trent University
50 Shakespeare Street
, Tel: +44 (0)781 600 firstname.lastname@example.org