Classic KTP Vacancy advertisement details

Reference: 3685/1

Location: Bolton, UK, BL3 5AB
Salary: £25-34.5k
Qualification required: MSc or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering
Closing Date: 28 August 2018
KTP Advert Ref: 3685/1
The Development Engineer will work on developing an innovative, wireless flexible sensor chip to measure temperature and humidity of nasal air and to measure flow and pressure of nasal air at the further development stage, which will help to determine respiration rate and the amount of oxygen intake during sleep.

This is a collaborative Knowledge Transfer Partnership project between Passion for Life Healthcare (UK) Limited (PFLH) and the University of Bolton (UoB). PFLH designs, manufactures and distributes a range of healthcare products, particularly for the treatment of snoring and sleep disordered breathing. The post is funded through a Knowledge Transfer Partnership with contribution from Innovate UK.

As a Development Engineer you will be working on the whole lifecycle (from concept design and prototyping to testing and manufacturing) of an innovative flexible wireless body sensor to measure respiratory information.

75% of your work will be conducted at PFLH in Ellesmere Port/Chester with some development from prototype to manufacturing readiness being undertaken at a PFLH manufacturing partner in Buxton. The remaining 25% of your work will be at the UoB.

The vacancy also attracts a £2,000 per annum allocated budget to support the personal and professional development of the successful candidate.
Skills required: The successful candidate will have experience in wireless chip design, wireless sensing, programming and digital signal processing.
Applicants with industrial background are particularly welcome.


Knowledge Base Partner: Bolton, The University of
Company partner: Passion For Life Healthcare (UK) Limited
Company business area: Manufacture and distribution of healthcare products and diagnostic technology for the screening and diagnosis of health conditions.
Contact: Jack Luo, Engineering School, University of Bolton
Deane Road, Bolton, BL3 5AB., Tel: 01204 903523
jl2@bolton.ac.uk
Additional Info: None

Click here to view all Classic KTP Vacancies