Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 4YJ
£32,548 - £39,992
PhD in Material Sciences or equivalent
31 August 2018
KTP Advert Ref:
Are you a postgraduate with an interest in Material Sciences? Would you like to turn this into a career opportunity?
We are looking to appoint a well-organised, highly motivated individual to take the lead role in a project that aims to formulate and market new antimicrobial materials.
An important aspect of this challenging role will focus on developing a range of antimicrobial materials efficacious against a number of common microbial pathogens, including bacteria, mycobacteria and viruses to be used on environmental surfaces in healthcare settings.
You will not only be concerned with material science, but also product development, market research and microbicidal testing.
GAMA Healthcare’s mission is to reduce worldwide infections by offering the best innovative solutions together with market leading after sales support. A global company with 150 staff spread over 6 locations in the United Kingdom, Australia and China. Market leaders in infection prevention and control solutions, their range of Clinell, Carell and Cleanall products combine innovative technology with ease of use, providing the professional healthcare industry with the most effective options available. With our ethos of high quality products, verified science, cost effectiveness and extensive after sales support, we have established ourselves as the premium choice for infection prevention professionals across the world.
-£6,000 Training/Development budget
-Opportunity to travel with GAMA to conferences worldwide, -Fast-track your career
-Project management skills
-Become proficient in business practices
-Be part of a World Class University
You will be a recent postgraduate with a PhD in Material Sciences or equivalent, and interest in antimicrobial surfaces and infection control.
1. Knowledge of current status of research in specialist field
2. Developing, designing and conducting research protocol with the ability to interpret complex research data
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proven ability in effective and persuasive communication
4. Strong organisational stills and proven ability to work without close supervision
5. Good presentation skills; ability to present research findings
7. Working within material science or engineering; conducting experiments, analysis of data, working with complex scientific concepts
8. Presenting data and arguments to lay people including key stakeholders and customers
9. Laboratory management; ability to supervise the work of others to focus team efforts and motivate individuals, as well as to work effectively as part of the research team
10. Project management; ability to plan and manage own research activity in collaboration with others
1. Experience of polymers and/or nanomaterials
2. Experimental design
4. Infection control
5. Antimicrobials, biocides
6. Product development
For more information and to apply, please click on the link to the job advert on the Cardiff University website below.
Knowledge Base Partner:
GAMA Healthcare Limited
Company business area:
Develop, manufacture and distribute unique, quality products within the healthcare industry, particulalry antimicrobial single-use disinfectant wipes under the Clinell brand.
, Research and Innovation Services
7th Floor, McKenzie House
30-36 Newport Road
CF24 0DE, Tel: 02920870952Brajer-hughess@Cardiff.ac.uk