Southampton, Hampshire, SO16 7QJ
Good 1st degree or higher in computing/engineering
07 May 2019
KTP Advert Ref:
Working in collaboration with Fresh Relevance Ltd to develop a system to develop innovative models to analyse and classify and label shoppers as they browse an eCommerce site.
The Associate will research, prototype, implement and validate novel methods to analyse and act upon large volumes of data in a real-time environment. When complete, the appropriate AI / machine learning approaches will be used to make faster and more effective marketing decisions for our customers.
The Associate will work autonomously, with support from the company supervisor and academic supervisor to analyse the existing data that is available, identify any additional data that is required. The associate will create prototype implementations and assess their effectiveness, along with their suitability to be run in a production environment. There are a range of areas to investigate, including customer automatic classification and labelling, advanced recommender systems, behaviour change detection and strategy optimisation.
The associate will join a highly experienced team of marketing technologists who have worked with many of the biggest e-commerce brands for over 10 years.
The Associate will leverage support from researchers from the University's School of Computing.
• High degree of numeracy
• Programming competence to an advanced level in Python, R or very similar languages
• Strong experience in data science, machine learning / artificial intelligence
• Familiarity with software testing methodologies and CI
• High skills is processing and handling data
• Ability to apply logic to solve data science related problems when they occur, and to challenge and test the team’s hypotheses
• Ability to research and apply state of the art solutions to solve problems related to data pre-processing, analysis and mining
• Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workloads
• Good report writing skills
• Statistical data analysis skills
• Strong desire/enthusiasm for meeting the business goals.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Creative, highly motivated and committed to undertaking research
• Commitment to producing high quality work
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Experience in software development including version control and cloud deployment
• Experience in digital marketing and recommender system
• Experience in deep learning and/or big data processing and analysing
• Commercial awareness of e-commerce and digital marketing
• Good software architecture skills, confidence with selecting and integrating open source components to build prototypes
• Presentation skills
• Project management skills
Knowledge Base Partner:
Portsmouth, University of
Fresh Relevance Limited
Company business area:
Provide digital marketers a platform which enables them to engage shoppers in contextual interactions to improve shopping experience. By capturing the behavioral and transactional data from shoppers using the website, it makes it easy for clients to collect and collate the data required for effective personalised marketing.
Dr. Mohamed Bader-El-Den
, Buckingham Building, Lion Terrace, Portsmouth PO1 3HE UK, Tel: +44 23 email@example.com