Laindon, Essex, SS15 6TP
£31,000 to £35,000 p/a
A first degree (BSc/BEng) in a subject relevant to
01 November 2018
KTP Advert Ref:
This is an exciting opportunity to implement academic research in a commercial setting and would suit someone with a strong electronics or control systems background with industrial experience who enjoys problem-solving and is motivated by understanding and exploring new ways of working. You will be investigating the use of mild-hybrid solutions with internal combustion engines, utilising simulation, testing and data analysis techniques, to optimise performance for real world fuel economy/emissions. Based in the company F-M CP Ltd, working in partnership with the University of Bath’s academic team, the aim is to develop new products designed to meet emission targets.
Throughout the project, the KTP Associate will play a key role in managing and implementing strategic developments in the business and transferring knowledge between the University and the business.
The company – In November, 2017 Controlled Power Technologies became Federal-Mogul Controlled Power Ltd (referred to as F-M CP Ltd), a unit of Federal-Mogul Powertrain. Federal-Mogul Powertrain is a leading global supplier of technologies and components in the passenger car, light and heavy-duty commercial and off-highway vehicle markets, and also operates in the power generation, aerospace, marine, rail and industrial sectors. The company is committed to remaining a world leader in technology for the internal combustion engine and requires that F-M CP Ltd becomes a sustainably profitable global centre of excellence for driveline electrification within the group. To achieve this F-M CP Ltd needs to continue to develop its world class mechatronics products and development capability, across mechanical, electronics and control/software engineering disciplines while the global vehicle industry continues to explore different strategies for low and zero carbon emission solutions.
The successful candidate must possess:
• A first degree (BSc/BEng) in a subject relevant to the project/research activity.
• A strong electronics or control systems background with previous automotive or research project experience in hybrid automotive systems.
• Show a good level of experience of working in an industrial automotive setting with internal combustion engines and electrical machines
• Some basic skills in hybrid systems.
• The ability to rapidly fill knowledge gaps in dynamic emissions control of internal combustion engines and have the confidence to quickly assess the most promising solutions.
• The Associate is expected to play a major role in coordinating the project stakeholders, so will be a competent communicator and able to form productive working relationships.
Knowledge Base Partner:
Bath, University of
Federal-Mogul Controlled Power Limited
Company business area:
Supply components for internal combustion engines including pistons, rings, bearings and valves.
, University of Bath
Bath BA2 7AY, Tel: 01225 email@example.com