Bristol, Bristol, BS1 4QP
£28,000 - £30,000, depending on experience and qua
First or upper second class Bachelor’s degree, or
28 April 2019
KTP Advert Ref:
To carry out the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project 11481 between UWE Bristol and Lyons Davidson Ltd, whose objective is to establish an automated legal advice helpline utilising complex Artificial Intelligence (AI) that can deliver suitable solutions to a wide range of possible enquiries. The post holder will work with File Dynamics at Lyons Davidson and with UWE staff to analyse and capture the knowledge within Lyons Davidson’s existing legal advice provision, and then develop text and speech-based AI systems that enable Lyons Davidson to provide an improved and more cost-effective client support.
1. Familiarity with artificial intelligence, particularly machine learning.
2. Experience of programming languages
3. Knowledge of team-based software development approaches (e.g. agile methodologies), and practices (e.g. time-boxed, continuous integration and stakeholder communication)
4. Interest in cultivating commercial knowledge
5. Previous exposure to multiple programming languages and Integrated Development Environments (IDEs), and team-based development tools (e.g.Jira, Github etc.).
6. Excellent communication skills
1. Interest in developing commercial knowledge and customer-facing skills
2. Familiarity with speech recognition systems.
3. Familiarity with Microsoft cloud-based environments
Knowledge Base Partner:
Bristol, University of the West of England,
Lyons Davidson Limited
Company business area:
Solicitors providing legal services to clients in the insurance sector providing legal support and a 24 hour helpline included within insurance policies.
email@example.com, UWE Bristol
BS16 1QY, Tel: 0117 32 83172