Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 1PH
£34,189 per annum
• MSc in Operations and Supply chain or Business E
28 February 2019
KTP Advert Ref:
This is an exciting new opportunity for Masters level candidates to participate in a Innovate UK funded Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) involving WMG at the University of Warwick, and Siemens UK Ltd. Siemens Congleton is a leading manufacturer of variable speed drives for electric motors, supplying customers in Europe and the Americas. On the back of a new product launch of 16000 configurable designs, the KTP will be responsible for the development of a new supply chain approach to reduce our manufacturing lead-time to 1 day.
Primarily based at the Siemens UK Ltd site in Congleton, Cheshire, you will be working as part of the Logistics team to embed and drive change across the business. The KTP aims to support Siemens UK in the application of leading-edge supply chain research to design and deliver a novel hybrid supply chain approach to achieve the challenging objective of a one day lead-time for configured products.
This position is a 27 month fixed term contract and offers a dedicated training budget up to £4,500 tailored towards your personal development.
This post is not eligible for visa sponsorship, so applicants must have existing eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the contract.
Closing date: 2 weeks from advert
Your aim to support Siemens to achieve their goal of a 1 day manufacturing lead-time for their new product portfolio. You will research and use latest supply chain thinking to develop a new hybrid supply chain and operations approach, tested using supply chain modelling. Working as part of collaborative team, you will oversee the implementation of the new approach and embed the new knowledge to the Siemens team through training, coaching, paired working and via related documents.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your key responsibilities are to:-
• Work with the Logistics team to map and document current supply chain and operations processes
• Identify quick wins to stabilize current lead time performance for the launch of the new product portfolio
• Research latest supply chain thinking to develop a hybrid system to support the reduction in lead-time to 1 day
• Identify appropriate modelling software and develop a model to test different supply chain solutions along with any trade-offs and risks
• Working with the Logistics, create buy-in for the proposed solutions and develop detailed process maps and action plans to support implementation
• Develop a metrics framework to allow the business to measure performance against key objectives for the new product portfolio ( including the 1 day lead-time target)
• Oversee any pilots of the new approach and assess performance. Identify improvements and actions to ensure that the approach is successful
• Develop training material and communications packs to embed knowledge within Siemens
• Coach and support upskilling of the Logistics team to use the modelling tool
• Document the use of the model and all new processes
• Track progress against the project at all key stages
• Engage with stakeholders across the business to create engagement and communicate project status and outcomes
• Good honours degree (2:1 or above) Operations and Supply chain or Business Engineering (or equivalent)
• MSc in Operations and Supply chain or Business Engineering Management (or equivalent) or considerable equivalent industrial experience
• Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills together with the ability to work with senior management staff
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including a patient approach to knowledge transfer activities
• Industrial experience in manufacturing or engineering environments
• Ability to work alone and as part of a multi-disciplinary team, collaboratively working
• Proven ability to problem solve
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as being highly organised
• Experience of delivering results under pressure
• Experience of working within the Supply Chain and Operations Function
• Experience of Supply Chain or Operations Modelling
• Experience of managing and tracking a complex project
Knowledge Base Partner:
Warwick, The University of
Company business area:
Design, manufacture and install wind turbines for the production of renewable electrical power.