St Helens, Cheshire, WA9 4WZ
£25,000 - £28,000 (dependent on experience)
An MSc or PhD in a relevant field
29 March 2019
KTP Advert Ref:
An exciting opportunity has become available to work full time on a 31-month Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) to develop and embed new to company product design and modelling capabilities, to enable the development and launch of a suite of novel protective systems for new and existing market sectors.
Storage Tank Solutions is one of the leading worldwide providers of tank gauges and tank fittings to the bulk storage tank industry. Products include breather valves; emergency manways; flame arresters; gauge hatches and float gauges.
Storage Tank Solutions is part of a group of companies owned by Motherwell Tank Holdings Limited. Its sister company, Motherwell Tank Gauging, is the UK’s only manufacturer of custody transfer tank gauging (transactions involving transporting physical substance from one operator to another, i.e. tanks to tankers) and overfill prevention systems.
• £2,000 per year to spend on personal training
• Attendance at two residential managerial workshops (each of one week’s duration)
• Opportunity to register on a higher degree (at a reduced or no cost)
• Opportunity of a permanent position with the company; 70% of host companies make a permanent job offer to their Associate at the end of the project. The KTP associate on MTG was taken on after the completion of the project, there is also design potential on other products the company offers.
Apply with a CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role at https://manmetjobs.mmu.ac.uk/jobs/vacancy/find/results/
For an informal discussion, please contact Dr Tom Allen (email@example.com) or Dr Rasool Erfani (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Qualification we require:
A good honours degree in a relevant subject. An MSc or PhD in a relevant field with good CAD, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) experience would be advantageous.
Knowledge and/or experience is required in some of the following:
• a proven working knowledge of FE modelling and analysis and CFD;
• a good working knowledge of engineering design processes; and
• Proven practical/experimental/testing skills (including data acquisition).
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate an ability to work independently in a well-organised manner and set priorities to meet deadlines. Some prior commercial exposure would be beneficial.
Knowledge Base Partner:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Storage Tank Solutions Limited
Company business area:
Provide tank gauges and tank fittings to the bulk storage tank industry. Products include: breather valves; emergency manways; flame arresters; gauge hatches; float gauges and servo gauges.
, Manchester Metropolitan University
Lower Ormond Street, Tel: email@example.com