Yate, Nr Bristol, Gloucestershire, BS37 5HZ
£29,515 to £34,189
Computer Science, Data Science, Maths, Engineering
08 April 2019
KTP Advert Ref:
Artesia Consulting Ltd offers specialist consultancy in water resource management, water efficiency and conservation, leakage management, smart metering and demand management. The company works largely in the UK and a small part in the international water supply industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible, in conjunction with their Industry and Academic Supervisors, for managing and driving forward this research programme to develop a Tactical Leakage Control product named eDelta (efficient Decision led Leakage Targeting) that provides water utility companies with an economic decision tool for the detection and repair of distribution and trunk mains leakage. The candidate will embed the relevant expertise within Artesia Consulting and develop a market-ready product.
- Have a computer science or mathematics background, preferably with a PhD or masters' level qualification in the subject
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency in programming (particularly in 'R') and software design
- Have experience with machine learning and data analysis
- Have a strong interest in this area
- Possess excellent time management and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Have experience of working in a professional environment
- Be self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively with experts from Artesia Consulting and the academic team
The selection team will also be looking for evidence of original thinking and the ability to find innovative and relevant solutions to problems.
Knowledge Base Partner:
Exeter, University of
Artesia Consulting Limited
Company business area:
Specialist consultancy in water resource management, water efficiency and conservation, leakage management, and demand management.
Prof. Richard Everson or Sarah Rogerson
, 2, Apak House, Badminton Court, Station Rd, Yate, Bristol BS37 5HZ, Tel: 01392 724065 or 01454 320091R.M.Everson@exeter.ac.uk