Melksham, Wiltshire, SN12 6HL
£31,000 to £35,000 p/a
A PhD or equivalent within a technical field (comp
12 May 2019
KTP Advert Ref:
Job location: Melksham, Wiltshire
Excellent package: £31,000 – £35,000 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience, and additional £4,000 personal training and development budget.
The post is full-time, fixed term for 24 months with the possibility of securing permanent employment.
This is an exciting opportunity to implement academic research in a commercial setting and would suit someone with expertise in geometry and software development who enjoys problem-solving and is motivated by understanding and exploring new ways of working. You will be developing new additive manufacturing (3D Printing) technologies that will open up designs and printing capabilities which, until now, have been unable to be tackled by these technologies. This is a 36-month Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) between Generative Parametrics Ltd, and the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Bath. This project will deliver a step-change in the company’s offerings, allowing it to further develop knowledge in 3D printing and design.
Based in the company, you will be working in partnership with the academic team together at the University. You will also be working in close collaboration with another Associate, who will overlap for the second year of the project. The second Associate will have expertise in electronics and hardware implementation. Both Associates will work together to deliver a successful integration in the final commercially usable prototype.
Throughout the project, the KTP Associate will play a key role in managing and implementing strategic developments in the business and transferring knowledge between the University and the business.
The company – https://generativeparametrics.com/
Founded in 2009, Generative Parametrics Ltd provides advanced product design services from concept to manufacture. The company has a team of dedicated and skilled in house designers, trained to use the advanced design methodologies, working with some of the world’s most advanced businesses.
The successful candidate must possess:
• A PhD or equivalent within a technical field (computer science, physics, engineering)
• In-depth knowledge of polymer additive manufacturing technologies
• 3D modelling skills to manipulate component geometries within a software environment
• Proven skills and experience in software development, programming skills, and possess a demonstrable software background with previous industrial or research project experience in software design within a robotics, production or control system setting.
• The Associate is expected to play a major role in coordinating the project stakeholders, so will be a competent communicator and able to form productive working relationships.
Knowledge Base Partner:
Bath, University of
Generative Parametrics Limited
Company business area:
Provide design engineering and contract manufacturing. Design engineering services include Computer-Aided Design models of parts ready to be produced by injection moulding. Contract manufacturing including managing the design, sourcing and manufacture of components and assemblies.
, University of Bath
BA2 7AY, Tel: 01225 email@example.com